Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year!!

It would be easy to say I'm glad 2012 is coming to a close and I'm ready for 2013 to begin. I said that last year and to be honest I did not give credit to 2011 and all the good things that happened that year. 2011 was a tough year and looking back on 2012 it was also a tough year, but many good things happened in both years as well! I've grown so much as a person in both years and my entire thought process is perception. I have a lot of things to look forward to in 2013 but I try really hard to live in the moment. This year I have had the opportunity to be with my family and do things most people do not get to do. We went on our first family vacation to Disney World and the kids and I continued our annual camping trip on Father's day weekend with the Harr's. We even got Torre to go on her first tent camping experience with Kientz on Bald Eagle. 2013 is going to be a great year for me and 2014 will be even better and 2015 better yet. Not because bad things will happen or things will not be tough, they will be, but because it is how I will respond to them. I have learned from my tough experiences and that is why things will be better. Like the saying "it's not how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get up" I have gotten up every time! I have learned every time and most important I have appreciated every experience. In my opinion, if something happens that is difficult it is easier to look at it in a negative way, and harder to find something positive - my goal is to find the positive! In 2013 my resolution is to find the positive in every situation and to treat everyone in a respectful manner. I have been grumpy and tired and frustrated way to much recently and that is not fair to my family, friends and people that I don't even know. I have many things to look forward to in 2013 and there will be many new beginnings to look forward to. I will get my kidney transplant and I will begin a new career path. I will be happier and cherish the relationships that I have and the new relationships that begin. I will be more involved in my community and get out more - I will not retreat inward any more. I will communicate more effectively with my wife, children and friends. This will make 2013 even better than any other year. 2011 was a good year and I learned a lot, 2012 was a better year because I learned even more. I will make 2013 better and every year after even better, not because tough things will not happen but rather I will get up every time I fall down. Happy New Year to my family, friends and everyone - may god bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment