Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Big Fat Feet

Vanity has gotten the better of me. I surprisingly have adjusted to just about everything, everything but the way my feet look when I am retaining water. Probably more noticeable are my ankles which swell to a size bigger than grapefruit.

I really thought that I would be caught up in the tubing protruding from my stomach. I thought that would be the 1 and only thing I would have to overcome with this process, but when I look down and see my feet, it really bothers me. Actually I have adapted to the tubing pretty well and I really only notice that when I am doing an exchange.

I do have great news and that is I was approved to do nighttime dialysis. This means that I will be able to hook up to a machine at night and have dialysis while I am sleeping. By having this done, I will not have to do exchanges during the day, which means I can get back to a little more normal of a life instead of being hooked up to an IV pole 4 times a day!!!!

I know I will adjust to the whole swollen feet thing in time, and within a few weeks my life will be a little more normal until my transplant. I am thankful I am able to hold onto the little things and small victories as they come my way!!!

1 comment: