Saturday, March 27, 2010

Adaptation

I think one of the most amazing things in the world is the ability to adapt. I am still adjusting to some normal everyday things but at least I can now put on my socks and shoes without pain!! I have definitely learned more patience with myself and others. Although convincing others to have a little patience is more of a challenge than to convince myself that patience is needed.

For example - taking a shower. The not so fun part of having my port put in was the 2 week period of not showering during the healing process, and washing in a sink is just not the same as a shower - I think that goes without saying. It's a simple thing to shower, just turn on the shower and get in right. Well things have changed for me for such a simple task. Rather than just take a quick shower, it takes me currently about 30 minutes just to get ready to shower - I actually have to "wash" before I shower so I can get all the supplies ready for when I get out of the shower.

I am becoming more proficient, but still need to make adjustments. I know with time I will get even better so I will rely on patience and practice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment