Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Under the knife

Well, today I get the PD catheter placed in my abdomen. Although I am not nervous about the minor day surgery, I am a little apprehensive about the tube that I will have hanging out of me. It will just take some getting used to.

It was funny, I had lunch about a week ago with my mentor and told him what was going on. I was explaining the process and what I would and would not be able to do (go in hot tubs, oceans, swim in dirty pools etc). When I got we were talking about the things I would not be able to do, he looked at me and chuckled. I asked him what he was chuckling about and he asked me... "When was the last time you did any of those things?" It was funny because I cannot remember the last time I had done any of those things.

The hardest part I think I will have is getting used to the tube that will hang out of me for the exchanges. The only other difficulties I can for see is the limit in lifting things (nothing over 40 lbs.) and it will be a challenge when the kids want to climb on me...

I am looking at it as the next step and a little adjusting and all will be fine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment